Position Description and Responsibilities:
Roberts Wesleyan College invites applications for a full-time, 11-month Access Services Librarian, available January 1, 2019.
This academic support faculty position is responsible to the Director of Library Services for the library’s Access Services area including the resource desk, interlibrary loan, course reserves, and stacks maintenance.
* Hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating student workers and staff within the Access Services area
* Creation and maintenance of an atmosphere of excellent customer service
* Communication of important library services and events to the campus community
* Gathering and analysis of statistical data and reports relating to the use of library services
* Maintenance of policy notebooks, manuals, and online training resources for student workers.
In addition, the Access Services Librarian will collaborate with the Systems Librarian to fully enable library software that impacts the Access Services area, including Alma, Primo, Ares, and ILLiad, as well as assist with the identification of new and emerging technologies aimed at improving and streamlining library workflows.
The Access Services Librarian will serve as the liaison to the School of Education & Social Work and the School of Natural & Social Sciences, which includes participation in research desk coverage (may include evenings and weekends); information literacy instruction; and participation in campus-wide faculty responsibilities. The Access Services Librarian will be part of a service-oriented team of six library staff committed to the delivery of excellent library services supported by state-of-the-art technology.
Opened in 2007, the B. Thomas Golisano Library features green technology (LEED Silver Certification), ample computer access, wireless connectivity, innovative design, and varied and comfortable study seating. A student constituency in excess of 1,700 includes resident, commuter, adult/non-traditional, and distance/online learner populations.
* Graduate degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program
* Strong commitment to the integration of Christian faith and professional practice and a willingness to support and identify with the College’s Christian mission and identity
* Two years professional-level library work experience including personnel supervision, classroom instruction, and writing goals/objectives
* Experience with reference and circulation services is valuable
* Experience with Alma or Voyager, ILLiad, Ares, and office software is valuable
* A second graduate degree in a subject discipline is a plus.
Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. A completed Application for Faculty Position is required (available at www.roberts.edu/employment).
Send the completed application, a letter of interest, and a resume to:
Mr. Matthew Ballard, Director of Library Services,
B. Thomas Golisano Library
Roberts Wesleyan College
2301 Westside Drive
Rochester, NY 14624-1997
For electronic submission of application materials, further information, or a detailed job description, please contact Mr. Ballard at: Ballard_Matthew@roberts.edu or call 585.594.6501
RWC and NES comply with all applicable non-discrimination laws and are committed to the enhancement of human dignity and workplace diversity.