Onondaga Free Library is currently seeking a part time bookkeeper.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepares and makes weekly bank deposits.
* Pays approved bills by preparing checks for director’s or treasurer’s signature.
* Records cash receipts journal.
* Records cash disbursements journal.
* Maintains employee earnings records.
* Posts cash receipts and cash disbursements journals to general ledger and balances ledger monthly.
* Assists in the year end closing and annual financial report.
* Reconciles bank statements to ledger.
* Communicates financial information to the director and/or treasurer.
* Prepares monthly financial statement from the general ledger.
* Performs additional bookkeeping duties assigned by library director and/or library board of trustees treasurer.
* Minimum high school graduate with an emphasis on business and math subjects.
* Proficiency using QuickBooks software is preferred.
* Ability to maintain full set of financial records through previous experience with minimal supervision is preferred.
Part-time position of 5 hours per week. Compensation is $16.00 per hour.
Please email cover letter, resume, and three professional references in PDF by July 9, 2018 to: Susan Morgan, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Onondaga Free Library
4840 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse, NY 13215