Keuka College, Lightner Library seeks a full time (12 months, 40 hours per week) Circulation Supervisor and Library Information Specialist.
The Circulation Supervisor and Library Information Specialist reports to the Library Director and under his/her supervision is responsible for circulation desk operations that include supervision of 25+ student workers and providing direct service to Keuka College students and faculty at the circulation desk.
This position will also work with other library personnel to coordinate the Library’s Interlibrary Loan operations, will provide reference services at the library’s research/help desk, and will complete other projects as assigned by the Library Director.
* Circulation desk responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating 25+ student workers.
– Using and administering the library’s online circulation system (Polaris).
– Supervising shelving and stack maintenance.
* Working with other library personnel to coordinate Lightner Library’s Interlibrary Loan services, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Processing lending and borrowing requests.
– Sending/receiving and logging material borrowed from and lent to other libraries.
– Communicating with other libraries when necessary.
– Maintaining accurate records and statistics of Interlibrary Loan transactions.
– Providing assistance to ILL patrons as needed.
* Provides reference service to library patrons both in person and online as assigned by the Library Director.
* Creates topical library displays to highlight library resources as well as College and current events.
* Responsible for ensuring that assigned tasks are completed in compliance with various institutional and regulatory requirements.
* Maintain a professional and courteous attitude at all times towards co-workers, internal and external customers, representing Keuka College, its programs, policies, and procedures in a positive and professional manner.
* Maintain effective working relationships to ensure institution-wide teamwork.
* Attend provided/necessary training and other meetings to support effectiveness within the position as required.
* Consistently demonstrate high standards of integrity by supporting the Keuka College mission, vision, and values and adhering to institutional policies.
* Maintain a high regard for student privacy in accordance with the FERPA privacy policies and procedures.
* Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
* Perform other functions as assigned by management.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Supervisory experience, preferred.
* Experience in an academic library setting, including familiarity with ILLiad (or similar) and a Library Management System such as Polaris preferred.
* Experience providing reference services in an academic library setting preferred.
* Knowledge of library materials and bibliographic tools.
* Proficient in digital computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google App, and other web-based platforms.
* Attention to detail and high quality standards.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Understand and behave with a high level of integrity and complete confidentiality at all times.
* Ability to be sensitive to and respond to needs/concerns of students, faculty, college staff and the public.
* Ability to work under pressure with a high tolerance for interruptions, and the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
* Evening and weekend hours may be required.
* Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position. Equal Opportunity Employer