The Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts (CCAHA) is seeking a Communications Coordinator for our Documentary Heritage and Preservation Services for New York (DHPSNY) program.
Under the guidance of the DHPSNY Program Manager, the DHPSNY Communications Coordinator contributes to the mission of DHPSNY through the implementation and maintenance of a multipronged communications and outreach program to ensure that constituents are aware of DHPSNY services, to encourage collaboration and networking among institutions, and to ensure that assistance is accessible, available, and promptly provided. This position is a part of a collaborative that makes it necessary to be highly engaged with the DHPSNY team.
DHPSNY is a program of the New York State Department of Education with services provided by the Conservation Center for Art & Historic Artifacts. The position is located in the Philadelphia office of CCAHA and is guaranteed for 2.5 years with the potential for renewal.
* Manages DHPSNY website, including updating dynamic content and working with designers.
* Promotes DHPSNY through social media networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), blog posts, and bi-monthly newsletters.
* Promotes DHPSNY programs and initiatives through print and online marketing.
* Promotes DHPSNY services as well as statewide events, professional conferences, and informal gatherings.
* Produces in collaboration with outside designers, various DHPSNY educational program and marketing brochures and rack cards as needed.
* Provides assistance with developing advocacy materials on city, state, and/or national levels for preservation issues for New York institutions.
* Prepares workshop materials in conjunction with program presenters and assists with webinar production.
* Maintains online application system for Planning & Assessment Services.
* Maintains DHPSNY directory of service-eligible institutions.
* Travel as needed to support DHSPNY workshops and site visits in New York State.
* Other duties as assigned.
CCAHA is seeking a professional with a bachelor’s degree and at minimum one year of related work experience. The successful candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, basic graphic design/photo editing experience, knowledge of social media, and in interest in art, history, and/or preservation.
Salary commensurate with experience. CCAHA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “DHPSNY Communications Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is opened until filled; applications received by August 31 will receive priority review.