The Long Island Library Resources Council seeks a talented and energetic librarian for the position of Marketing and Communications Librarian to work in a dynamic organization serving libraries of all types in Nassau and Suffolk County of Long Island. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications and Marketing Librarian is a full-time position that manages the communications and marketing to member and non-member libraries. The individual works closely with the Programs and Education Manager to develop, publicize and evaluate programs and events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develops and oversees execution of media strategy across all media, including press, social media, broadcast and print publications.
* Manage all communications and marketing for the organization in all formats including ongoing maintenance of the web site and social media accounts.
* Produce and edit newsletters.
* Observe established best practices guidelines to ensure that all copywriting, proofing and editing is managed correctly and in coordination with various staff.
* Ensures all events are advertised and promoted in a timely fashion.
* Facilitate communication with other library agencies concerning continuing education activities.
* Conduct needs assessment and compile statistics.
* Assist the Programs and Education Manager in developing workshops and programs.
* Visit member and non-member sites as required.
* Serve as a liaison to assigned committees.
* Performs other tasks consistent with level of responsibility.
Qualifying Experience and Training:
* Masters degree in library science from an ALA accredited program or its equivalent.
* Minimum of 3 years experience working in libraries preferably in a communications and web design capacity.
* Marketing and communications experience preferred.
* Experience with content management systems preferred.
* Experience using social media tools and possess the ability to readily learn library-specific programs as well as other general computer applications as needed.
* Graphic design skills preferred.
* Knowledge of cloud-based services.
* Proven computer experience and proficiency in all Office Productivity Software (example: Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.).
* Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of internal management, staff and outside vendors.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Time management skills, including the ability to work independently.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Flexibility and creativity.
LILRC offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and flexible scheduling. All applications should be sent to email@example.com and include a resume and cover letter. We will begin reviewing applications on December 1. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.