NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision is seeking a Part Time Library Clerk 2 for its location at the Mid-State Correctional Facility, 9005 Old River Road, Marcy, New York 13403.
* Graduate from High School or be in possession of a High School Equivalency Diploma and one year of full time library experience, OR
* 30 college semester credit hours, of which at least nine college semester credit hours must be in any combination of the following: Library/Information Science, Computer Applications, or Information Studies.
Library Clerks perform or supervise specialized library clerical activities in support of a library program, such as:
* Organizing and maintaining the library collection
* Helping customers locate information
* Maintain and create online databases
* Direct the acquisition, shelving and rebinding of books.
* Incumbents are responsible for one or more organizational units within the library, such as public reader services, which may include circulation, interlibrary loan, special collections and periodicals, acquisitions, or technical services.