THIS IS A ONE YEAR TEMPORARY APPOINTMENT.
SUNY Polytechnic Institute, Cayan Library in Utica, NY seeks a Public Services Librarian for a one year assignment.
1. Reference-related duties including:
* Staff the Cayan Library Reference Desk to provide appropriate support to face-to-face patrons
* Provide reference assistance via telephone, email, QuestionPoint digital chat, and other modalities
* Create and maintain research guides and web-based reference content
* Contribute and report statistics, and other reference planning and assessment activities
2. Instruction-related duties including:
* Design and teach research and/or citation instruction classes
* Design and produce online tutorials and other web-based instruction content and learning objects, including instruction integrated into course management systems
* Contribute and report statistics, and other instruction planning and assessment activities
3. Outreach-related duties including:
* Cultivate and maintain library liaison relationships with academic and administrative departments
* Work in coordination with other librarians on projects or initiatives which may involve:
– Open educational resources
– Scholarly publishing
– Build collections in SUNY Poly’s institutional repository
– Data management strategies
– Citation metrics Grant writing for projects to improve educational access and affordability
* Represent the library on institutional, regional, and statewide committees
* Contribute and report statistics, and other outreach planning and assessment activities
4. Occasional duties including:
* Open and/or close the library building
* Enforce policies
* Report building maintenance needs to the appropriate party
* Oversee the work of Student Library Assistants
* Staff circulation desk as needed
* Assist individuals with directional questions and provide general customer service
* Use Library Management System to check items in and out, locate materials, and do basic searching
5. Other reasonable duties as assigned.
An American Library Association accredited master’s degree from college or University accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization is required.
Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check.