The Upstate Health Sciences Library is looking for a highly motivated creative thinker who will oversee the effective management of our interlibrary loan and document delivery department.
You will enjoy this position if you:
• Are self-directed and a good problem solver
• Take initiative and identify opportunities to produce positive change
• Enjoy a diverse work environment and pursue continuous learning
• Are comfortable making and advocating for tough decisions
On the job you will:
• Provide leadership for borrowing and lending operations including goal setting, report preparation, and budgetary oversight. Explore, plan, and oversee resource sharing initiatives.
• Work with various systems including ILLiad, OCLC, DOCLINE and document delivery vendors.
• Collaborate and/or train a variety of partners including coordinators of Library Technology, Collection Management and Access Services.
• Oversee and actively participate in ILL request fulfillment, and oversee ILL copyright compliance.
• Collaborate with the Information Resources Department on various resource management initiatives.
• Represent the University with consortium partners at the regional, state, and national level.
At the Upstate Health Science Library, we:
• Provide the resources and support needed to succeed on the job
• Offer a competitive salary and a respectful, inclusive environment
• Are committed to your professional development, supporting training opportunities and travel to national and regional meetings
• Accommodate a healthy work-life balance
• ALA accredited(MLS) or equivalent
• Working knowledge of ILLiad
• Experience with resource sharing/ interlibrary loan processes and the use of resource sharing software
• Ability to identify and implement emerging technologies
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Academic or medical library experience
• Project management skills
Salary & Benefits:
This is a 12 month, tenure track position with faculty status. Initial appointment will be at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian. Salary is dependent on qualifications. Excellent benefits package including TIAA and other retirement options.
Review of applications will begin on 9/17/18 and continue until position is filled.
About working at Upstate Medical University:
Upstate Medical University is Central New York’s only academic medical center and the region’s largest employer. Our community includes Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Health Professions, & Graduate Studies. University Hospital (a 400 bed tertiary care hospital), University Hospital (Community Campus), the Golisano’s Children’s Hospital and our new Cancer Center. For more information about Upstate, see http://www.upstate.edu/about/.