BUDGET TITLE: Senior Staff Assistant
CAMPUS TITLE: Technical Services Manager, College Libraries
UNIT: College Libraries
PROFESSIONAL RANK AND SALARY: SL-3, Salary $47,500
The Senior Staff Assistant provides expertise in application administration related to technical library services, cataloging, library systems, technologies, inter-operability, and software that increase and enhance access to academic resources at the SUNY ESF F. Franklin Moon Library, with a strong emphasis on collaborative working relationships. The individual in this position is responsible for application administration, evaluation, coordination, and trouble-shooting of library specific technologies.
* Administrator for all library systems such as Alma, Primo, EBSCO products, Worldshare, ILLiad, and successor technology.
* Investigate and implement new technologies.
* Coordinate all Library Services Platform operations including cataloging, OPAC, report generation, portal devices (OpenURL, discovery systems, etc.) and report problems and recommend solutions to library colleagues and the library director.
* Provide first-line support on all library systems and library supported hardware and collaborate with library vendors to ensure smooth operation in support of library services.
* Manage access, problem resolution, assessment, and discovery of all library resources and technologies.
* Create original records and supervise copy cataloging of print/non-print materials using the OCLC national bibliographic databases.
* Collaborate with relevant partners such as ESF Computing and Network Services, SUNY OLIS, SUNYConnect, SUNY Library Consortium, and vendors on access and authentication issues, data loads, etc in assuring comprehensive access to all library resources.
* Manage the Library’s Web presence using Springshare Libguides (all modules) and other compus web and file servers.
In addition to specific job responsibilities:
* Participate in the liaison program in order to promote and sustain a cooperative and consultative relationship between the library, college departments and remote campuses.
* Provides reference services at a desk, via technology, and/or by appointment
* As members of the ESF professional staff, participate in College governance and/or serve the College in other ways as appropriate.
* Demonstrate an active commitment to the library profession.
* Assume other responsibilities at the request of the Director of College Libraries to insure quality library services are provided to the ESF community.
* Master’s Degree from an ALA-accredited institution OR relevant advanced degree and at least 2 years professional experience in library technical services.
* Experience administering and troubleshooting library specific systems and platforms. Ex Libris Alma certification preferred.
* Knowledge of metadata, web technologies, and information architecture
* Strong service orientation with the ability to work individually and as a team
About College of Environmental Science and Forestry:
Founded in 1911, the State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is the nation’s oldest and most respected school dedicated to the study of the environment, developing renewable technologies and building a sustainable future. The ESF main campus is in Syracuse, NY and has regional campuses throughout Central New York and the Adirondack Park. ESF consistently earns high rankings in US News and World Report, Forbes, Peterson’s Guide, The Washington Monthly, Princeton Review and other national college guidebooks.