Tully Free Library has a part-time position open for a Paralibrarian in Youth Services & Technology.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience working with children and teens in an educational setting
* Great interpersonal skills with all ages – children, teens, and adults
* High level of proficiency with computers and other technology, and social media
* Knowledge of youth reading and programming trends
* Experience creating programs for youth, especially STEAM programs, preferred
* Experience with Polaris ILS preferred
* Ability to work days and evenings, approximately 12-25 hours per week
* Interacting with the public at the circulation desk using the Polaris ILS (Integrated Library Services) software
* Assisting the public with technology questions (computers, tablets, phones, etc)
* Creating and running programming for children and teens, including Full STEAM Ahead after school program, Summer Reading, Youth Advisory Council, Makerspace programs, Science Fair, and various other programs throughout the year
* Substituting for other children’s programs, such as Tykes Time storytime and Terrific Tuesdays, when needed
* Assisting with maintaining Makerspace equipment such as ipads, 3D printer, Osmo, Lego Mindstorms, etc.
* Ordering teen books and other materials for the library’s collection
* Outreach to local schools and organizations to promote programs and foster cooperation
* Keeping up-to-date with trends in youth services and libraries
The position pays $13 – $14 an hour, commensurate with experience.
Applications will be accepted until August 3, 2018.
Send a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to Annabeth Hayes, Library Director at email@example.com